Procurement Compliance OfficerJob ID 2248 Date posted 08/01/2020
Brookhaven National Laboratory (www.bnl.gov) delivers discovery science and transformative technology to power and secure the nation’s future. Brookhaven Lab is a multidisciplinary laboratory with seven Nobel Prize-winning discoveries, 37 R&D 100 Awards, and more than 70 years of pioneering research. The Lab is primarily supported by the U.S. Department;of Energy’s (DOE) Office of Science. Brookhaven Science Associates (BSA) operates and manages the Laboratory for DOE. BSA is a partnership between Battelle and The Research Foundation for the State University of New York on behalf of Stony Brook University.
The Procurement & Property Management Division provides customers with timely, cost effective procurement and property management services integrated with and supporting the Laboratory's science, technology and cleanup missions in accordance with the prime contract and customer expectations.
The Procurement & Property Management Division has an opening for a Compliance Officer The position is responsible for direct support of compliant operation of the Laboratory’s purchasing systems which includes: monitoring the Purchasing System for compliance with the Brookhaven National Laboratory (BNL) prime contract, applicable laws and regulations, internal policies and procedures, and sound business practices; maintaining procurement documentation, coordinating procurement self-assessment activities, developing training requirements, focal point for procurement audits and reviews, and liaison with the DOE Contracting Officer and Laboratory Prime Contracts Manager on procurement compliance issues as directed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitor the Purchasing System for compliance with the prime contract, applicable laws and regulations, Laboratory policies and procedures, to maintain DOE approval of the purchasing system.
- Coordinate the Balanced Score Card (BSC) Self –Assessment of the prime contract performance measures for Procurement.
- May supervise others in the performance of assessments, file reviews, reporting or other compliance assignments as required.
- Ensure that key functions of the Purchasing System (procurement actions, credit card program administration, and small business program) are in compliance with the prime contract, applicable laws and regulations, internal policies and procedures and sound business practices.
- Review and analyze changes to the prime contract, applicable laws and regulations and trends to determine the impact on the purchasing system and coordinate the implementation of the required changes.
- Coordinate and update Policy & Operations manuals, Desk Top procedures, Terms and Conditions, Procurement Forms and Templates per Prime Contract modifications and DOE directives as directed by the Procurement & Property Management (PPM) Division Manager or Deputy.
- Coordinate self-assessment activities, including prime contract measures and all aspects of the procurement Balanced Score Card plans and reports, including data and satisfaction survey reviews, final report and corrective action plans.
- Develop and Implement training courses for Procurement Staff and Internal customers on procurement related topics.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- BA in business administration or in a related field
- 10 years related experience
- Detailed knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), (or equivalent legal and/or compliance credentials and experience)
- Detailed knowledge of the Department of Energy Acquisition Regulation (DEAR), (or equivalent legal and/or compliance credentials and experience)
- Clear and concise written, oral and presentation skills
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- MBA and/or professional acquisition certification desirable
- Procurement experience in a large technical/scientific organization is highly desirable as is experience within the DOE complex
At Brookhaven National Laboratory we believe that a comprehensive employee benefits program is an important and meaningful part of the compensation employees receive. Our benefits program includes, but is not limited to:
- Medical Plans
- Dental Plans
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) Plan
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Parental Leave
- Swimming Pool, Weight Room, Tennis Courts, and many other employee perks and benefits
BNL takes affirmative action in support of its policy and to advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.We ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.Please contact us to request accommodation.
*VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Brookhaven employees are subject to restrictions related to participation in Foreign Government Talent Recruitment Programs, as defined and detailed in United States Department of Energy Order 486.1. You will be asked to disclose any such participation at the time of hire for review by Brookhaven. The full text of the Order may be found at: https://www.directives.doe.gov/directives-documents/400-series/0486-1-border/@@images/fileApply Now