Post DocJob ID 2245 Date posted 07/01/2020
Brookhaven National Laboratory (www.bnl.gov) delivers discovery science and transformative technology to power and secure the nation’s future. Brookhaven Lab is a multidisciplinary laboratory with seven Nobel Prize-winning discoveries, 37 R&D 100 Awards, and more than 70 years of pioneering research. The Lab is primarily supported by the U.S. Department Energy’s (DOE) Office of Science. Brookhaven Science Associates (BSA) operates and manages the Laboratory for DOE. BSA is a partnership between Battelle and The Research Foundation for the State University of New York on behalf of Stony Brook University.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Experience with High-Performance Computing --- principles, practice, programming and performance analysis
- Strong Software Engineering Skills
- Experience with Scientific Workflows and Resource Management
- Help develop application and HPC middleware software frameworks.
- Contribute to interdisciplinary and community software development team.
- Promote the research results through scholarly publications and presentations at leading conferences
- Lead or participate in the development of related research proposals.
- Promote collaborative research with interdisciplinary research team
- Develop frameworks and libraries for high-Performance computing and Machine
- Learning applications. Integrate frameworks and libraries with scientific
- applications on DOE Leadership Facilities.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- PhD in Computer Science/Engineering, Statistics, Applied Math or related discipline
- Experience in successful and modern software design and development and lifestyle methods.
- Python and C programming experience
- Experience working in multidisciplinary scientific collaboration
- Track record of producing high quality software on schedule
- Appreciation for a range of scientific domains: high-energy physics, bimolecular, climate sciences, etc.
- Experience working in inter-disciplinary teams
- A degree in CS/CE in high-performance computing
- Experience in system software design and implementation of scalable systems
- Moderate domestic and foreign travel
In addition to applying online at BNL Careers, please also arrange to have following documents (in PDF format) to Shantenu Jha (email@example.com).
- Curriculum Vitae
- Statement of Research Interests
- Three emailed letters of recommendation
BNL policy requires that research associate appointments be made to individuals who have received their doctorate within the past five years.
At Brookhaven National Laboratory we believe that a comprehensive employee benefits program is an important and meaningful part of the compensation employees receive. Our benefits program includes, but is not limited to:
- Medical Plans
- Dental Plans
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) Plan
- Paid Parental Leave
- Swimming Pool, Weight Room, Tennis Courts, and many other employee perks and benefits
BNL takes affirmative action in support of its policy and to advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.We ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.Please contact us to request accommodation.
*VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Brookhaven employees are subject to restrictions related to participation in Foreign Government Talent Recruitment Programs, as defined and detailed in United States Department of Energy Order 486.1. You will be asked to disclose any such participation at the time of hire for review by Brookhaven. The full text of the Order may be found at: https://www.directives.doe.gov/directives-documents/400-series/0486-1-border/@@images/fileApply Now