Human Resources Associate/CoordinatorJob ID 1810 Date posted 07/23/2019
Brookhaven National Laboratory is a multipurpose research institution funded primarily by the U.S. Department of Energy’s Office of Science. Located on the center of Long Island, New York, Brookhaven Lab brings world-class facilities and expertise to the most exciting and important questions in basic and applied science—from the birth of our universe to the sustainable energy technology of tomorrow. We operate cutting-edge large-scale facilities for studies in physics, chemistry, biology, medicine, applied science, and a wide range of advanced technologies. The Laboratory's almost 3,000 scientists, engineers, and support staff are joined each year by more than 4,000 visiting researchers from around the world. Our award-winning history, including seven Nobel Prizes, stretches back to 1947, and we continue to unravel mysteries from the nanoscale to the cosmic scale, and everything in between. Brookhaven is operated and managed by Brookhaven Science Associates, which was founded by the Research Foundation for the State University of New York on behalf of Stony Brook University, and Battelle, a nonprofit applied science and technology organization.
The Human Resources Directorate has an opening for a six (6) month term position as a HR Coordinator you will provide administrative support to the talent acquisition team in a full cycle, high-volume recruitment environment. This forward facing position is a primary point of contact for a highly diverse, multicultural and international population, both within and outside the Laboratory and regularly interfaces with HR managers, hiring managers, line organization administrators, employees, and job applicants to provide prompt attention and resolution of all queries. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Supporting a full cycle recruitment process by:
- Assisting with the hiring process, including screening and dispositioning candidates
- Verifying educational backgrounds and soliciting references
- Managing and scheduling senior level, high volume Outlook calendars
- Scheduling candidate interviews and pre-placement physicals
- Preparing offer packages (i.e. offer letters, relocation)
- Preparing talent acquisition and diversity metric reports
- Tracking and coordinating outreach efforts
- Participating in Career Fairs
- Tracking applicant workflow processes to ensure compliance and efficiency
- Serving as a point of contact for new hires
- Maintaining employee confidence and protecting operations by keeping human resource information confidential
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business or related field or equivalent experience, generally on the basis of 2:1 (experience:college) years.
Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite and Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS) systems.
Ability to consult with professionals at all levels within the Laboratory; must be discrete and be able to maintain confidentiality.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated customer service orientation for internal customers and candidates
- Must be detailed oriented and well organized
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Proven experience as an HR assistant, (internships and summer employment is acceptable) in Human Resources staff assistant or relevant human resources/administrative position.
- Experience with applicant tracking database systems and Sharepoint.
- Knowledge of OFCCP compliance rules.
- Additional education in fields specifically related to the position requirements may offset qualifying experience.
This term position will last approx 6 mos and offers a comprensive benfits package.
At Brookhaven National Laboratory we believe that a comprehensive employee benefits program is an important and meaningful part of the compensation employees receive. Our benefits program includes, but is not limited to:
- Medical Plans
- Dental Plans
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) Plan
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Parental Leave
- Swimming Pool, Weight Room, Tennis Courts, and many other employee perks and benefits
We invite you to consider Brookhaven National Laboratory for employment. To be considered for this position, please apply online at BNL Careers and enter the job title into the Keyword Search.
Brookhaven National Laboratory (BNL) is an equal opportunity employer committed to ensuring that all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a veteran, disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
BNL takes affirmative action in support of its policy and to advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
*VEVRAA Federal Contractor