HR CoordinatorJob ID 2806 Date posted 09/14/2021
Brookhaven National Laboratory (www.bnl.gov) delivers discovery science and transformative technology to power and secure the nation’s future. Brookhaven Lab is a multidisciplinary laboratory with seven Nobel Prize-winning discoveries, 37 R&D 100 Awards, and more than 70 years of pioneering research. The Lab is primarily supported by the U.S. Department of Energy’s (DOE) Office of Science. Brookhaven Science Associates (BSA) operates and manages the Laboratory for DOE. BSA is a partnership between Battelle and The Research Foundation for the State University of New York on behalf of Stony Brook University.
The Human Resources Directorate has an opening for an HR Coordinator who will provide administrative support to the talent acquisition team in a full cycle, high-volume recruitment environment. This forward-facing position is a primary point of contact for a highly diverse, multicultural and international population, both within and outside the Laboratory and regularly interfaces with HR managers, hiring managers, line organization administrators, employees, and job applicants to provide prompt attention and resolution of all queries. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Supporting a full cycle recruitment process by:
- Assisting with the hiring process, including screening and dispositioning candidates
- Verifying educational backgrounds and soliciting references
- Managing and scheduling senior level, high volume Outlook calendars
- Scheduling candidate interviews and pre-placement physicals
- Preparing offer packages (i.e., offer letters, relocation)
- Preparing talent acquisition and diversity metric reports
- Tracking and coordinating outreach efforts
- Participating in Career Fairs
- Tracking applicant workflow processes to ensure compliance and efficiency
- Serving as a point of contact for new hires
- Maintaining employee confidence and protecting operations by keeping human resource information confidential
- Supporting additional projects and Talent Acquisition initiatives as needed
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field or eight (8) years’ full-time, contemporary, directly related experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook, with knowledge of, or ability to learn, SharePoint
- Experience with PeopleSoft HR, or similar Human Resource Management systems or other data base systems
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated customer service orientation for internal customers and candidates
- Must be detailed oriented and well organized
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Proven experience as an HR assistant, staff assistant or relevant human resources/administrative position
- Experience with applicant tracking database systems.
- Knowledge of OFCCP compliance rules.
- Additional education in fields specifically related to the position requirements may offset qualifying experience.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Care Plans;
- Flexible Spending Accounts;
- Paid Time-off and Leave Programs (vacation, holidays, sick leave, paid parental leave);
- Lab-funded Retirement Plan;
- 401(k) Plan;
- Flexible Work Arrangements;
- Tuition Assistance, Training and Professional Development Programs
- Employee Fitness/Wellness & Recreation: Gym/Basketball Courts, Weight Room, Fitness Classes, Indoor Pool, Tennis Courts, Sports Clubs/Activities (Basketball, Ping Pong, Softball, Tennis)
BNL takes affirmative action in support of its policy and to advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.We ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.Please contact us to request accommodation.
*VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Brookhaven employees are subject to restrictions related to participation in Foreign Government Talent Recruitment Programs, as defined and detailed in United States Department of Energy Order 486.1A. You will be asked to disclose any such participation at the time of hire for review by Brookhaven. The full text of the Order may be found at: https://www.directives.doe.gov/directives-documents/400-series/0486.1-BOrder-a/@@images/fileApply Now