Front Desk AgentJob ID 3255 Date posted 06/14/2022
Brookhaven National Laboratory (www.bnl.gov) delivers discovery science and transformative technology to power and secure the nation’s future. Brookhaven Lab is a multidisciplinary laboratory with seven Nobel Prize-winning discoveries, 37 R&D 100 Awards, and more than 70 years of pioneering research. The Lab is primarily supported by the U.S. Department of Energy’s (DOE) Office of Science. Brookhaven Science Associates (BSA) operates and manages the Laboratory for DOE. BSA is a partnership between Battelle and The Research Foundation for the State University of New York on behalf of Stony Brook University. BSA salutes our veterans and active military members with careers that leverage the skills and unique experience they gained while serving our country. Our organization fully supports service members transitioning from active duty to civilian life and pledges our commitment to actively hire veterans of the U.S. Armed Forces. Military personnel who have been formally trained or have relevant experience obtained while in service may meet educational requirements and are encouraged to apply for job opportunities at BSA.
The Facilities & Operations (F&O) Directorate's mission is to enable great science. The Guest Services Division provides services that support and assist the world-class scientific research performed at Brookhaven National Laboratory (BNL). Guest services are available to all Brookhaven Divisions, Departments, guests, users, and visiting researchers.
Brookhaven National Laboratory’s Facilities & Operations (F&O) Directorate seeks an Administrative Services Assistant. This position reports to the General Supervisor of the Guest Services Division.
Schedule may require flexibility to work different shifts including evenings and weekends.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Supporting the Housing Office, the Administrative Services Assistant will:
- Perform daily front desk operations, including opening and closing procedures
- Review People Soft HR and Financials to verify guest information and department accounts
- Balance daily audits, 469 Reports, and cash drawer
- All aspects of record keeping, billing, and payments
- Create monthly billing schedules and Housing Agreements for long term visitors
- Guest reservations and check in/out procedures
- Correspond with all departments, GUV Center, Laboratory Protection, and Site Maintenance
- RDP Win, Excel, and Microsoft Office
- Handle and process monies received for housing transactions in accordance with all existing policies and procedures
- Balance bed checks to room occupancy
- Ensure rates are applied as per policy
- Process maintenance requests and personally follow up on any safety items
- Prepare for guest arrivals and departures
- Process reservations as requested
- Assign work to custodians
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- A minimum of (6) six years; relevant administrative, secretarial, or guest service experience that must include customer facing experience.
- A Bachelor’s degree in a business or related field may offset qualifying experience of 2:1 (experience: college) years
- Must be competent in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Must be highly motivated, organized, professional and courteous with the ability to deal effectively with internal and external customers who require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy.
- Must be good at problem solving and possess strong written and verbal communication skills. Must be able to follow instructions from Management as well as be a team player.
- Requires the ability to multi-task and manage time effectively.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Coursework in Hotel Management or previous experience working in a hotel as front desk receptionist
- People Soft HR and Financials
- Experience with any property management system, preferably RDP (Resort Data Processing) Win - housing reservation database
At Brookhaven National Laboratory we believe that a comprehensive employee benefits program is an important and meaningful part of the compensation employees receive. Our benefits program includes, but is not limited to:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Care Plans;
- Flexible Spending Accounts;
- Paid Time-off and Leave Programs (vacation, holidays, sick leave, paid parental leave);
- Lab-funded Retirement Plan;
- 401(k) Plan;
- Flexible Work Arrangements;
- Tuition Assistance, Training and Professional Development Programs
- Employee Fitness/Wellness & Recreation: Gym/Basketball Courts, Weight Room, Fitness Classes, Indoor Pool, Tennis Courts, Sports Clubs/Activities (Basketball, Ping Pong, Softball, Tennis)
Brookhaven National Laboratory (BNL) is an equal opportunity employer that values inclusion and diversity at our Lab. We are committed to ensuring that all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a veteran, disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
BNL takes affirmative action in support of its policy and to advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. We ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
*VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Brookhaven employees are subject to restrictions related to participation in Foreign Government Talent Recruitment Programs, as defined and detailed in United States Department of Energy Order 486.1A. You will be asked to disclose any such participation at the time of hire for review by Brookhaven. The full text of the Order may be found at: https://www.directives.doe.gov/directives-documents/400-series/0486.1-BOrder-a/@@images/fileApply Now