Contracts CoordinatorJob ID 3277 Date posted 06/27/2022
Brookhaven National Laboratory (www.bnl.gov) delivers discovery science and transformative technology to power and secure the nation’s future. Brookhaven Lab is a multidisciplinary laboratory with seven Nobel Prize-winning discoveries, 37 R&D 100 Awards, and more than 70 years of pioneering research. The Lab is primarily supported by the U.S. Department of Energy’s (DOE) Office of Science. Brookhaven Science Associates (BSA) operates and manages the Laboratory for DOE. BSA is a partnership between Battelle and The Research Foundation for the State University of New York on behalf of Stony Brook University. BSA salutes our veterans and active military members with careers that leverage the skills and unique experience they gained while serving our country. Our organization fully supports service members transitioning from active duty to civilian life and pledge’s our commitment to actively hire veterans of the U.S. Armed Forces. Military personnel who have been formally trained or have relevant experience obtained while in service may meet educational requirements and are encouraged to apply for job opportunities at BSA.
The Research Partnerships and Technology Transfer department provides expertise and support to the private sector, academia, and other agencies for research and development work. It works with the private sector, including start-up companies, to develop the Laboratory’s early-stage innovations into commercial products.
The Contracts Administrator will be the sole support for a variety of complex and independently driven activities for the Office of Research Partnerships and Technology Transfer (RPTT). Reporting directly to the Director of Research Parnerships and Technology Transfer (Director), the incumbent will coordinate, develop, monitor and update processes for a number of established and evolving requirements. The incumbent will administer and serve as a liaison for the Director and the Lab population.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- With general oversight of the Director, review and modify as necessary various contractual agreements
- With the assistance of Research Partnerships Manager and/or Director, review and modify as necessary Non-Disclosure Agreements (NDA)s
- Respond to and manage DOE data requests and Prime Contract deliverables as needed
- Serve as RPTT Records Manager -Digitize, update, and maintain all RPTT Office files, documents, and resources and maintain the SharePoint library
- Review, edit, and analyze documents submitted by third parties and/or liaise with BSA staff. Negotiate and/or settle same
- Perform Proposal Information Management System (PIMS) records research
- Prepare written reports, PPT presentations for training
- Build and maintain databases and records/files, as required
- Bachelor’s degree in a related business field or equivalent experience, generally based on the basis of 2:1 (experience:college) years
- Four (4) years full-time, contemporary, directly-related work experience either as a paralegal or in a contract administration role, showing progressively more complex responsibilities
- Demonstrated experience using digital, online and collaboration tools, including administrator rights to SharePoint, website maintenance, and shared file platforms
- Demonstrated ability to work in a dynamic environment, and to communicate orally and in writing with a diverse population
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Familiarity with relevant DOE regulations and operations
- Previous research administration experience
- Working knowledge of Oracle base systems
- Remote work considered within the United States and role is based out of Upton, NY
At Brookhaven National Laboratory we believe that a comprehensive employee benefits program is an important and meaningful part of the compensation employees receive. Our benefits program includes, but is not limited to:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Care Plans;
- Flexible Spending Accounts;
- Paid Time-off and Leave Programs (vacation, holidays, sick leave, paid parental leave);
- Lab-funded Retirement Plan;
- 401(k) Plan;
- Flexible Work Arrangements;
- Tuition Assistance, Training and Professional Development Programs
- Employee Fitness/Wellness & Recreation: Gym/Basketball Courts, Weight Room, Fitness Classes, Indoor Pool, Tennis Courts, Sports Clubs/Activities (Basketball, Ping Pong, Softball, Tennis)
Brookhaven National Laboratory (BNL) is an equal opportunity employer that values inclusion and diversity at our Lab. We are committed to ensuring that all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a veteran, disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
BNL takes affirmative action in support of its policy and to advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. We ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
*VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Brookhaven employees are subject to restrictions related to participation in Foreign Government Talent Recruitment Programs, as defined and detailed in United States Department of Energy Order 486.1A. You will be asked to disclose any such participation at the time of hire for review by Brookhaven. The full text of the Order may be found at: https://www.directives.doe.gov/directives-documents/400-series/0486.1-BOrder-a/@@images/fileApply Now