Applications EngineerJob ID 3074 Date posted 03/21/2022
Brookhaven National Laboratory (www.bnl.gov) delivers discovery science and transformative technology to power and secure the nation’s future. Brookhaven Lab is a multidisciplinary laboratory with seven Nobel Prize-winning discoveries, 37 R&D 100 Awards, and more than 70 years of pioneering research. The Lab is primarily supported by the U.S. Department of Energy’s (DOE) Office of Science. Brookhaven Science Associates (BSA) operates and manages the Laboratory for DOE. BSA is a partnership between Battelle and The Research Foundation for the State University of New York on behalf of Stony Brook University. BSA salutes our veterans and active military members with careers that leverage the skills and unique experience they gained while serving our country. Our organization fully supports service members transitioning from active duty to civilian life and pledge’s our commitment to actively hire veterans of the U.S. Armed Forces. Military personnel who have been formally trained or have relevant experience obtained while in service may meet educational requirements and are encouraged to apply for job opportunities at BSA.
As part of BNL's Information Technology Division, the Applications Group's key mission is to provide support to scientific and administrative programs to help them address their unique business computing problems through the promotion of best practices in the areas of application development and customer service. The group is part of a critical enabling resource necessary for the successful achievement of BNL's purpose by making critical information available to anyone, anytime, anywhere.
Responsibilities include the analysis, design, development, implementation, testing, and maintenance of BNL’s ServiceNow platform. Works directly with stakeholders in collecting new application requirements and resolving project issues. Functions independently with limited work direction. Assesses different technical options and recommends an approach while effectively managing customer expectations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform daily administration, troubleshooting, and resolution of any issues arising in the ServiceNow environment.
- Serve as the subject matter expert on ServiceNow and its related services/capabilities.
- Keep BNL’s ServiceNow platform up to date by performing periodic system upgrades.
- Responsible for defining requirements, designing custom workflows, participating in all build/configuration, testing, and implementation activities, as well as analysis and troubleshooting to meet specifications of a project or service request.
- Escalate to ServiceNow any defects or support issues needing additional resolution and assistance.
- Work with Analysts and Business Users to translate functional specifications into technical designs for implementation and deployment.
- Follow company guidelines for programming and documentation.
- Estimate resources needed to complete projects.
- Prepare project schedules and make recommendations for project completion.
- Obtain user feedback and make modifications as necessary.
- Document projects and generate user documentation.
- Maintain standards and quality assurance for projects.
- Protect the integrity and security of the systems/data.
- Coordinate support and training.
- Stay current not only with the ServiceNow development environment, but with state-of-the-art technology, programming languages, operating systems as needed.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- BA/BS Degree or equivalent experience, preferably in Computer Science plus at least 3 years of relevant ServiceNow experience.
- Knowledge of ITSM and ITIL.
- Experience administering ServiceNow, including user creation, interfaces to AD, group creation and maintenance, group permissions, access control lists, global platform settings, notifications, resource usage, and upgrades.
- Technical experience configuring and/or customizing enterprise level applications including ServiceNow.
- Working knowledge of User Interface (UI) policies, data policies, UI actions, business rules and client scripts.
- The ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing, with all the following groups: project managers, application developers, DBAs, vendors, end users, and management.
- The ability to respond to requests issues and attend meetings during a typical workday.
- The ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and projects simultaneously, and to manage tight deadlines and situations where conflicting priorities arise.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- ServiceNow Certified System Administrator certification
- ServiceNow Certified Application Developer certification
- Prior work experience creating Service Catalog items in ServiceNow
Environmental, Health & Safety Requirements:
- Essential functions: computer use, software design
- Remote work may be available
- After hours availability, troubleshooting, and support may be required
At Brookhaven National Laboratory we believe that a comprehensive employee benefits program is an important and meaningful part of the compensation employees receive. Our benefits program includes, but is not limited to:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Care Plans;
- Flexible Spending Accounts;
- Paid Time-off and Leave Programs (vacation, holidays, sick leave, paid parental leave);
- Lab-funded Retirement Plan;
- 401(k) Plan;
- Flexible Work Arrangements;
- Tuition Assistance, Training and Professional Development Programs;
- Employee Fitness/Wellness & Recreation: Gym/Basketball Courts, Weight Room, Fitness Classes, Indoor Pool, Tennis Courts, Sports Clubs/Activities (Basketball, Ping Pong, Softball, Tennis).
Brookhaven National Laboratory (BNL) is an equal opportunity employer that values inclusion and diversity at our Lab. We are committed to ensuring that all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a veteran, disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
BNL takes affirmative action in support of its policy and to advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. We ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
*VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Brookhaven employees are subject to restrictions related to participation in Foreign Government Talent Recruitment Programs, as defined and detailed in United States Department of Energy Order 486.1A. You will be asked to disclose any such participation at the time of hire for review by Brookhaven. The full text of the Order may be found at: https://www.directives.doe.gov/directives-documents/400-series/0486.1-BOrder-a/@@images/fileApply Now