IT AuditorJob ID JR100595 Date posted 10/02/2023
The mission of Brookhaven National Laboratory (BNL) Internal Audit is to provide independent, objective assurance and consulting services designed to add value and improve the organization’s operations. It helps the organization accomplish its objectives by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes.
Internal Audit has an exciting opportunity for an experienced auditor with a specialization in Information Technology. The successful candidate plans and executes IT audit projects designed to provide an assessment of internal control processes and operational performance. NOTE: this is a hybrid work arrangement (office is based on Long Island, NY (Upton, NY)). The selected applicant must live within a reasonable distance for commuting to the assigned work location when necessary.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides professional audit work, individually or within a team, in conducting reviews of assigned organizational activities in accordance with Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Audit, and department standards.
- Plans and executes information technology (IT) audit projects designed to provide an assessment of internal control processes and operational performance in accordance with department and professional standards.
- Demonstrate and apply a thorough understanding of complex information systems. Prepares and work papers and reports documenting the result of reviews of assigned activities and recommended management action.
- Use knowledge of the current IT environment and industry IT trends to identify potential issues and risks.
- Performs, individually or as part of a team, IT audits in accordance with the Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Audit as set forth by the IIA, and department standards.
- Prepares detailed plans for performing individual audits, including the identification of key risks and controls, determination of audit objectives, and development of an appropriate audit program.
- Prepares, under supervision, audit reports designed to provide an objective assessment of systems, processes and operations, and management's planned corrective actions.
- Participates in reviews of internal controls and security of systems under development
- Identifies potential audit areas, assists with assessing the degree of inherent risk
- Perform or assist in the performance of special projects or studies, including risk assessments, fraud Investigations
- Provide technical support for systems and applications used to maintain Internal Audit's electronic work papers and analysis of financial data
- Participates in Financial and Operational reviews and additional Internal Audit projects as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, accounting, finance, or a related field, or sufficient experience in internal auditing or another field that would provide the same basic knowledge generally based on the basis of 2:1 (experience: college)
- A minimum of four years of Internal Audit experience in an environment that demonstrates knowledge in identifying, categorizing, and communicating Information Technology risks. Exposure to cloud computing, cyber security, system infrastructure, application development, or a related field for which Internal Audit has a need. Experience with Microsoft Windows and Linux environments.
- Ability to independently complete Internal Audits, with supervision, including developing a risk assessment, audit program, documentation of fieldwork and draft audit reports in accordance with The Institute of Internal Auditor Professional Practices.
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), and/or other certifications specific to the information technology industry for which Internal Audit has a need. Understanding of information systems audit concepts, including security and control risks such as logical and physical access security, change management, information security, business recovery practices, cyber security, and network technology.
- Strong analytical ability, including network systems design, capacity planning, operations methodology, error detection/resolution techniques, quality assurance techniques, and I.T. implementation and management methodologies.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently while contributing to the success of the team.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills suitable for all levels of management.
- Proficient in M.S. Office applications which include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and Visio
- Experience with analyzing financial data, including advanced Excel skills or other tools used for data analysis.
- Knowledge of Control Objectives for Information and Related Technology (COBIT), NIST Risk Management Framework, and Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing.
- Security clearance requirements: Must undergo and receive a favorable disposition in a preliminary background investigation (criminal, credit, prior employment, etc.); must be able to obtain and maintain a U.S. Department of Energy Q-level security clearance which requires that you: be a US citizen; have no felony convictions or other serious offenses; have an honorable discharge from military, and a good credit history. Obtaining and maintaining a security clearance is condition of employment.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Experience with TeamMate+ or other electronic audit work paper technology.
- Ability to effectively prepare documentation that details work performed clearly and concisely.
- Ability to reach and present opinions based on gathered evidence and established criteria.
- Experience in performing technical Internal Audits including, Cloud Computing, NIST Assessments, Access Controls and Network Infrastructure.
Brookhaven Laboratory is committed to providing fair, equitable and competitive compensation. The full salary range for this position is $79400 - $111600 / year. Salary offers will be commensurate with the final candidate’s qualification, education and experience and considered with the internal peer group.
Brookhaven employees are subject to restrictions related to participation in Foreign Government Talent Recruitment Programs, as defined and detailed in United States Department of Energy Order 486.1A. You will be asked to disclose any such participation at the time of hire for review by Brookhaven. The full text of the Order may be found at: https://www.directives.doe.gov/directives-documents/400-series/0486.1-BOrder-a/@@images/fileApply Now