Sr Talent Acquisition SpecialistJob ID 2818 Date posted 09/26/2021
Brookhaven National Laboratory (www.bnl.gov) delivers discovery science and transformative technology to power and secure the nation’s future. Brookhaven Lab is a multidisciplinary laboratory with seven Nobel Prize-winning discoveries, 37 R&D 100 Awards, and more than 70 years of pioneering research. The Lab is primarily supported by the U.S. Department of Energy’s (DOE) Office of Science. Brookhaven Science Associates (BSA) operates and manages the Laboratory for DOE. BSA is a partnership between Battelle and The Research Foundation for the State University of New York on behalf of Stony Brook University.
The Human Resources (HR) Directorate, led by the Associate Lab Director for Human Resources (ALD HR)/Chief Human Resources Officer (CHRO), manages all Human Capital Management functions including, but not limited to, training and development, scientific and non-scientific talent acquisition, , compensation, benefits, employee and labor relations, inclusion, diversity and equity, occupational medicine, and guest/user/visitor center. The HR Directorate supports a highly diverse, multicultural and international population of employees, guests and users.
The Talent Management team within the Human Resources Directorate is looking for a Senior Recruiter to join a team supporting lab growth in a high volume, challenging and dynamic recruitment environment. As a Senior Recruiter, you will work closely with hiring managers, Human Resource Managers, and the Diversity, Equity and Inclusion office to source and recruit diverse, highly qualified talent across a wide range of scientific, engineering, technical and operations positions. Your specific responsibilities will include:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage a high volume of requisitions simultaneously, within a fast-paced environment, while delivering high caliber talent
- Consult with leaders, hiring managers and human resources team on position descriptions, compensation, sourcing strategies and interviewing techniques
- Source high quality and diverse scientific, engineering, technical, and operations talent using innovative and creative strategies, through a variety of sources, including social media and professional networks
- Partner with Talent Acquisition Management, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Office, Human Resources Managers and hiring managers within a matrix environment to understand the needs of the Laboratory and develop recruitment strategies to support current hiring and future growth
- Represent Talent Acquisition and / or serve as a project lead on specific initiatives related to recruitment, such as continuous improvement projects
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field or equivalent contemporary, full-time years of experience on the basis of 2:1 (experience:college) with a minimum of 10 years of relevant work experience, five (5) of which should include contemporary full-cycle recruitment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of various recruiting techniques, and experience in online/social media recruiting
- Hands on experience with full cycle recruiting, including, but not limited to preparing job descriptions, sourcing candidates, screening/interviewing candidates and negotiating offers.
- Experience with developing networks/partnerships to actively build database/pipeline
- Continuously develop networks/partnerships to actively build database/pipeline of candidates
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of staff.
- Strong work planning, time‐management, organization, and prioritization skills.
- Creative in brainstorming and proposing new ideas and solutions to existing challenges
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office including MS Word, Outlook, and Excel.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Direct experience in recruiting for scientific and engineering disciplines.
- Experience in diversity and EEO field.
- Experience working with OFCCP Compliance requirements.
- Ability to lead a project to closure.
- Master’s degree in Human Resources or related field.
- MBA and/or HR certification.
At Brookhaven National Laboratory we believe that a comprehensive employee benefits program is an important and meaningful part of the compensation employees receive. Our benefits program includes, but is not limited to:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Care Plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time-off and Leave Programs (vacation, holidays, sick leave, paid parental leave)
- Lab-funded Retirement Plan
- 401(k) Plan
- Flexible Work Arrangements
- Tuition Assistance, Training and Professional Development Programs
- Employee Fitness/Wellness & Recreation: Gym/Basketball Courts, Weight Room, Fitness Classes, Indoor Pool, Tennis Courts, Sports Clubs/Activities (Basketball, Table Tennis, Softball, Tennis)
Brookhaven National Laboratory (BNL) is an equal opportunity employer that values inclusion and diversity at our Lab.We are committed to ensuring that all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a veteran, disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
BNL takes affirmative action in support of its policy and to advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.We ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.Please contact us to request accommodation.
*VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Brookhaven employees are subject to restrictions related to participation in Foreign Government Talent Recruitment Programs, as defined and detailed in United States Department of Energy Order 486.1A. You will be asked to disclose any such participation at the time of hire for review by Brookhaven. The full text of the Order may be found at: https://www.directives.doe.gov/directives-documents/400-series/0486.1-BOrder-a/@@images/fileApply Now