Senior Talent Acquisition SpecialistJob ID 3527 Date posted 03/08/2023
Brookhaven National Laboratory (www.bnl.gov) delivers discovery science and transformative technology to power and secure the nation’s future. Brookhaven Lab is a multidisciplinary laboratory with seven Nobel Prize-winning discoveries, 37 R&D 100 Awards, and more than 70 years of pioneering research. The Lab is primarily supported by the U.S. Department of Energy’s (DOE) Office of Science. Brookhaven Science Associates (BSA) operates and manages the Laboratory for DOE. BSA is a partnership between Battelle and The Research Foundation for the State University of New York on behalf of Stony Brook University. BSA salutes our veterans and active military members with careers that leverage the skills and unique experience they gained while serving our country. Our organization fully supports service members transitioning from active duty to civilian life and pledge’s our commitment to actively hire veterans of the U.S. Armed Forces. Military personnel who have been formally trained or have relevant experience obtained while in service may meet educational requirements and are encouraged to apply for job opportunities at BSA.
The Human Resources (HR) Directorate, led by the Associate Lab Director for Human Resources (ALD HR)/Chief Human Resources Officer (CHRO), manages all Human Capital Management functions including, but not limited to, training and development, scientific and non-scientific talent acquisition, compensation, benefits, employee and labor relations, inclusion, diversity and equity, occupational medicine, and guest/user/visitor center. The HR Directorate supports a highly diverse, multicultural and international population of employees, guests and users.
REMOTE/HYBRID WORK OPTIONS AVAILABLE.
The Talent Management team within the Human Resources Directorate is looking for a Senior Recruiter to join a team supporting lab growth in a high volume, challenging and dynamic recruitment environment. As a Senior Recruiter, you will work closely with hiring managers, Human Resource Managers, and the Diversity, Equity and Inclusion office to source and recruit diverse, highly qualified talent across a wide range of scientific, engineering, technical and operations positions. Your specific responsibilities will include
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage a high volume of requisitions simultaneously, within a fast-paced environment, while delivering high caliber talent
- Consult with leaders, hiring managers and human resources team on position descriptions, compensation, sourcing strategies and interviewing techniques
- Source high quality and diverse scientific, engineering, technical, and operations talent using innovative and creative strategies, through a variety of sources, including social media and professional networks
- Partner with Talent Acquisition Management, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Office, Human Resources Managers and hiring managers within a matrix environment to understand the needs of the Laboratory and develop recruitment strategies to support current hiring and future growth
- Represent Talent Acquisition and / or serve as a project lead on specific initiatives related to recruitment, such as continuous improvement projects
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field or equivalent contemporary, full-time years of experience on the basis of 2:1 (experience:college) with a minimum of 10 years of relevant work experience, five (5) of which should include contemporary full-cycle recruitment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of various recruiting techniques, and experience in online/social media recruiting
- Hands on experience with full cycle recruiting, including, but not limited to preparing job descriptions, sourcing candidates, screening/interviewing candidates and negotiating offers.
- Experience with developing networks/partnerships to actively build database/pipeline
- Continuously develop networks/partnerships to actively build database/pipeline of candidates
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of staff.
- Strong work planning, time‐management, organization, and prioritization skills.
- Creative in brainstorming and proposing new ideas and solutions to existing challenges
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office including MS Word, Outlook, and Excel.
- Ability to travel approximately 20-25% of the time during peak recruitment season which includes air and overnight travel
- Direct experience in recruiting for engineering, technician and/or STEM disciplines.
- Experience in diversity and EEO field.
- Experience working with OFCCP Compliance requirements.
- Ability to lead a project to closure.
- Master’s degree in Human Resources or related field.
Brookhaven National Laboratory (BNL) is an equal opportunity employer that values inclusion and diversity at our Lab. We are committed to ensuring that all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a veteran, disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
BNL takes affirmative action in support of its policy and to advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. We ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
*VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Brookhaven employees are subject to restrictions related to participation in Foreign Government Talent Recruitment Programs, as defined and detailed in United States Department of Energy Order 486.1A. You will be asked to disclose any such participation at the time of hire for review by Brookhaven. The full text of the Order may be found at: https://www.directives.doe.gov/directives-documents/400-series/0486.1-BOrder-a/@@images/fileApply Now
Brookhaven strives to assist employees to better manage their complex personal and professional lives. We celebrate our inclusive culture, progressive policies, programs, and active community involvement.Learn More
The prestigious Gertrude and Maurice Goldhaber Distinguished Fellowships are awarded to scientists with exceptional talent and credentials.Learn More
Awards and Discoveries
Collaborate with world-class experts at the frontiers of science. Research at Brookhaven has led to seven Nobel Prize-winning discoveries, and many Lab scientists have been honored with prestigious awards.Learn More
The Brookhaven Experience
Brookhaven Lab and its world-class research facilities are at the forefront of scientific discovery, and 60 miles east of midtown Manhattan. Employment at Brookhaven Lab comes with many benefits.Learn More
Everywhere Is Within Reach
Brookhaven Lab is located just miles from Long Island’s beautiful beaches, vineyards, restaurants, shopping, schools, and more. Plus, New York City and three major airports are within 60 miles of our gate.Learn More
We know that benefits are an important part of your employment. Our benefits programs address both the immediate needs of your family, such as insurance coverage, and long term needs like retirement savings.Learn More
Long Island, Where you BeLONG.
Long Island is a special place to be. A place where those who call it home share a sincere pride in its uniqueness. Wherever your intrique may take you, you can find where you BeLong on Long Island.