Contracts AdministratorJob ID 1924 Date posted 06/01/2020
The mission of the Procurement and Property Management Division is to provides support for purchasing services, materials, equipment, and supplies for Brookhaven National Laboratory operations and programs. Procurement and Property Management Division does the following:
- Provides internal customers with quality products and services in a timely manner at the lowest cost of ownership, i.e., "best value," using best commercial practices;
- Supports the Laboratory's socioeconomic programs by using reliable small, small disadvantaged, women-owned, service disabled veteran owned, and HUB (historically underutilized business) Zone businesses;
- Ensures that acquisitions are conducted in compliance with the prime contract, applicable statutes and regulations, and in accordance with the highest ethics and standards.
Responsible for the procurement of a variety of goods and services through various contract types in a high-volume environment.
Responsible for contract administration functions including monitoring of progress, receipt of deliverable, invoice approval and closeout activities.
Identification and tracking of customer supplied or purchased property and maintenance throughout the life of the procurement/requirement.
Will work independently within established procedures and guidelines, under direct supervision the processing of, but not limited to, priority low risk and dollar value procurements with a signature authority of $500K.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage all aspects of procurement including planning for and drafting solicitations for Requests for Proposals (RFPs) and Requests for Quote (RFQ), evaluate prospective proposals and quotes, analyze cost and price proposals, negotiate, draft and award contracts, execute change orders and modifications.
- Confer with end-users on the products or services needed and related issues
- Ensure RFPs and RFQs comply with BSA standard operating procedures and governmental (DOE) regulations
- Review and assist in the preparation of Statements of Work (SOW) and Specification documents
- Negotiate the terms and conditions of the purchase
- Negotiate final prices with suppliers
- Secure approval of the final purchase as required
- Approve purchases within established signature authority
- Ensure that all purchases comply with existing laws, (e.g., Service Contract Act and Buy American Act) and regulations
- Review and approve invoices as per existing purchase orders or contracts
- Review closeout contracts by verifying the receipt and placement of the purchased goods or services and the receipt of payment with various members of the procurement team.
- Supervise staff in a high volume, fast paced procurement environment
- Work within a scientific facility under stringent timelines to meet the laboratories needs.
- Work with a diverse and international population of internal customers to ensure specifications are appropriate for the services or products required
- Performs other duties as assigned
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or equivalent years of fulltime, directly related, contemporary experience (2 yrs exp:1 year educ)
- Demonstrated ability to deal with project deadlines and complex, risk significant procurements
- Demonstrated experience in all aspects of procurement activities, including, but not limited to planning for and drafting solicitations for RFP’s and RFQ’s, evaluating prospective offers or quotes, analyzing cost and price proposals, negotiating, and awarding contracts, executing change orders and modifications
- 10 years of direct procurement experience with a DOE M&O contractor or a major institution with formal procurement policies and procedures
- Experience supervising procurement staff in a high volume work environment
- Demonstrated knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and/or Department of Energy Acquisition Regulations (DEAR)
- Interpersonal skills to interface with stakeholders within and outside of the laboratory
- Proficiency with Microsoft Suite, specifically Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of PeopleSoft
- Master’s degree in business
- Certified Procurement Professional (CPP) or similar certification in government procurement practices
- Procurement experience in a federal government institution or contractor
Environmental, Health & Safety Requirements:
- Ability to communicate verbally and hear and understand speech.
- Ability to operate a computer keyboard
At Brookhaven National Laboratory we believe that a comprehensive employee benefits program is an important and meaningful part of the compensation employees receive. Our benefits program includes, but is not limited to:
- Medical Plans
- Dental Plans
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) Plan
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Parental Leave
- Swimming Pool, Weight Room, Tennis Courts, and many other employee perks and benefits
We invite you to consider Brookhaven National Laboratory for employment. To be considered for this position, please apply online at BNL Careers and enter the job title into the Keyword Search.
Brookhaven National Laboratory (BNL) is an equal opportunity employer committed to ensuring that all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a veteran, disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
BNL takes affirmative action in support of its policy and to advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
*VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Brookhaven employees are subject to restrictions related to participation in Foreign Government Talent Recruitment Programs, as defined and detailed in United States Department of Energy Order 486.1. You will be asked to disclose any such participation at the time of hire for review by Brookhaven. The full text of the Order may be found at: https://www.directives.doe.gov/directives-documents/400-series/0486-1-border/@@images/fileApply Now