Residence Custodian- TemporaryJob ID 3664 Date posted 03/13/2023
Brookhaven National Laboratory (www.bnl.gov) delivers discovery science and transformative technology to power and secure the nation’s future. Brookhaven Lab is a multidisciplinary laboratory with seven Nobel Prize-winning discoveries, 37 R&D 100 Awards, and more than 70 years of pioneering research. The Lab is primarily supported by the U.S. Department of Energy’s (DOE) Office of Science. Brookhaven Science Associates (BSA) operates and manages the Laboratory for DOE. BSA is a partnership between Battelle and The Research Foundation for the State University of New York on behalf of Stony Brook University. BSA salutes our veterans and active military members with careers that leverage the skills and unique experience they gained while serving our country. Our organization fully supports service members transitioning from active duty to civilian life and pledge’s our commitment to actively hire veterans of the U.S. Armed Forces. Military personnel who have been formally trained or have relevant experience obtained while in service may meet educational requirements and are encouraged to apply for job opportunities at BSA.
The Facilities & Operations (F&O) Directorate's mission is
to enable great science. The Guest Services Division
provides services that support and assist the world-class
scientific research performed at Brookhaven National
Laboratory (BNL). Guest services are available to all
Brookhaven Divisions, Departments, guests, users, and
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Under general supervision, performs general cleaning and housekeeping duties in Housing facilities.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Requires one year of custodial/housekeeping experience or equivalent professional cleaning experience.
- Must be flexible and customer oriented.
- Must be able to read and comprehend OSHA Material Safety Data Sheets and other job-related documents.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and the ability to pass computer-based training.
- Must meet the medical requirements of the “Job Assessment Form"
- Must have a telephone and must provide the number to BNL for callout and contact purposes
- Must possess written and verbal skills.
- Must be able to communicate verbally with customers, fellow workers, and supervisors
- Must be able to complete all the requirements of the Job Training Assessment
- Must be capable of following written instruction procedures, work orders and similar documents.
- Must possess the written skills to sufficiently complete work orders and other required documents.
- Must be able to communicate verbally with customers, fellow workers, and supervisors.
- Must be able to complete all the requirements of the Job Training Assessment.
Environmental, Health and Safety Considerations
- Standing, bending, and lifting
- Moderate lifting < 30 lbs.
- Ability to climb portable ladders
- Working in warm environments
- Working around moving machinery
- Physical coordination dexterity and balance
- Use of powered operated hand tools
- Ability to wear proper PPE such as safety glasses, shoes and hearing protection
BNL takes affirmative action in support of its policy and to advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. We ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
*VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Brookhaven employees are subject to restrictions related to participation in Foreign Government Talent Recruitment Programs, as defined and detailed in United States Department of Energy Order 486.1A. You will be asked to disclose any such participation at the time of hire for review by Brookhaven. The full text of the Order may be found at: https://www.directives.doe.gov/directives-documents/400-series/0486.1-BOrder-a/@@images/fileApply Now
Brookhaven strives to assist employees to better manage their complex personal and professional lives. We celebrate our inclusive culture, progressive policies, programs, and active community involvement.Learn More
The prestigious Gertrude and Maurice Goldhaber Distinguished Fellowships are awarded to scientists with exceptional talent and credentials.Learn More
Awards and Discoveries
Collaborate with world-class experts at the frontiers of science. Research at Brookhaven has led to seven Nobel Prize-winning discoveries, and many Lab scientists have been honored with prestigious awards.Learn More
The Brookhaven Experience
Brookhaven Lab and its world-class research facilities are at the forefront of scientific discovery, and 60 miles east of midtown Manhattan. Employment at Brookhaven Lab comes with many benefits.Learn More
Everywhere Is Within Reach
Brookhaven Lab is located just miles from Long Island’s beautiful beaches, vineyards, restaurants, shopping, schools, and more. Plus, New York City and three major airports are within 60 miles of our gate.Learn More
We know that benefits are an important part of your employment. Our benefits programs address both the immediate needs of your family, such as insurance coverage, and long term needs like retirement savings.Learn More
Long Island, Where you BeLONG.
Long Island is a special place to be. A place where those who call it home share a sincere pride in its uniqueness. Wherever your intrique may take you, you can find where you BeLong on Long Island.