Project Management Associate AnalystJob ID 2717 Date posted 07/06/2021
Brookhaven National Laboratory is a multipurpose research institution funded primarily by the U.S. Department of Energy’s Office of Science. Located on the center of Long Island, New York, Brookhaven Lab brings world-class facilities and expertise to the most exciting and important questions in basic and applied science—from the birth of our universe to the sustainable energy technology of tomorrow. We operate cutting-edge large-scale facilities for studies in physics, chemistry, biology, medicine, applied science, and a wide range of advanced technologies. The Laboratory's almost 3,000 scientists, engineers, and support staff are joined each year by more than 4,000 visiting researchers from around the world. Our award-winning history, including seven Nobel Prizes, stretches back to 1947, and we continue to unravel mysteries from the nanoscale to the cosmic scale, and everything in between. Brookhaven is operated and managed by Brookhaven Science Associates, which was founded by the Research Foundation for the State University of New York on behalf of Stony Brook University, and Battelle, a nonprofit applied science and technology organization.
The mission of the Project Management Center is to provide the Laboratory with a Project Management process and system that will lead to achieving outstanding project management capability and foster an on-going process of sizing Project Management methodology implementing a graded approach that optimally aligns resources and methodology to achieve our management goals of successfully completing projects on time and within budget.
Candidate will report to a Senior Project Management Analyst with related work experience supporting of cost and schedule project planning and control functions for large scientific construction projects and smaller Research and Development projects. The candidate should have project management/project controls experience with proficient skills in Excel and developing project schedules and cost estimates. The position will learn project management/controls process and tools used in the earliest stages of project planning through execution and closeout phases of a project. Selected candidate will have an understanding of project management methodology, project control principles, and experience with Primavera to develop project resource loaded schedules and collect status, and prepare cost estimates using project controls tools.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a related discipline e.g. Finance, Engineering or Business Degree Equivalency is based on a 2:1 (experience:college) years experience
- Minimum four (4) years of professional cost/scheduling experience
- Working knowledge of cost estimating, budgeting and scheduling
- Experience with using P6 and EVMS data and principles
- Understanding of project management principles
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Word and Microsoft Excel
- Knowledge and use of Excel pivot tables
- Solid analytical and reasoning skills Must possess strong interpersonal and time management skills
- Effective verbal communication skills with some presentation experience
- Must be a self-starter, a team player and able to work independently
- Understanding of scheduling theory, techniques and methodologies
- Use of Microsoft Project or Primavera scheduling tools
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Experience in a DOE project environment and Cobra cost processing software
- Working knowledge of Earned Value Management System processes and requirements
- Proficient in Microsoft Project or Primavera scheduling tools
At Brookhaven National Laboratory we believe that a comprehensive employee benefits program is an important and meaningful part of the compensation employees receive. Our benefits program includes but is not limited to:
- Medical Plans
- Dental Plans
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) Plan
- Retirement Plan
- Swimming Pool, Weight room Tennis Courts, and many other employee perks and benefits
Brookhaven National Laboratory (BNL) is an equal opportunity employer committed to ensuring that all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sex orientation, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status.
BNL takes affirmative action in support of its policy and to advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
BNL takes affirmative action in support of its policy and to advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.We ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.Please contact us to request accommodation.
*VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Brookhaven employees are subject to restrictions related to participation in Foreign Government Talent Recruitment Programs, as defined and detailed in United States Department of Energy Order 486.1A. You will be asked to disclose any such participation at the time of hire for review by Brookhaven. The full text of the Order may be found at: https://www.directives.doe.gov/directives-documents/400-series/0486.1-BOrder-a/@@images/fileApply Now