Project Controls AnalystJob ID 3442 Date posted 10/21/2022
Brookhaven National Laboratory (www.bnl.gov) delivers discovery science and transformative technology to power and secure the nation’s future. Brookhaven Lab is a multidisciplinary laboratory with seven Nobel Prize-winning discoveries, 37 R&D 100 Awards, and more than 70 years of pioneering research. The Lab is primarily supported by the U.S. Department of Energy’s (DOE) Office of Science. Brookhaven Science Associates (BSA) operates and manages the Laboratory for DOE. BSA is a partnership between Battelle and The Research Foundation for the State University of New York on behalf of Stony Brook University. BSA salutes our veterans and active military members with careers that leverage the skills and unique experience they gained while serving our country. Our organization fully supports service members transitioning from active duty to civilian life and pledge’s our commitment to actively hire veterans of the U.S. Armed Forces. Military personnel who have been formally trained or have relevant experience obtained while in service may meet educational requirements and are encouraged to apply for job opportunities at BSA.
The mission of the Project Management Center is to provide the Laboratory with a Project Management process and system that will lead to achieving outstanding project management capability and foster an on-going process of sizing Project Management methodology implementing a graded approach that optimally aligns resources and methodology to achieve our management goals of successfully completing projects on time and within budget.
The work will be based at BNL, or domestically in the US subject to an approved remote work agreement.
Candidate will report to the Manager or to a Senior staff within the Project Management Center (PMC) and will implement cost and schedule project planning and control functions for large/complex scientific construction projects and smaller Research and Development projects. The project management/controls experience should be in the initiation stages of project planning through execution and closeout phases of a project. Selected candidate will draw upon an advanced understanding of project scheduling and cost estimating methods, project controls principles, and hands-on experience with Primavera to successfully develop schedule, manage work, resources, and dollars using project controls tools.Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implement all aspects of an earned value management system, which consists of developing a fully integrated resource loaded schedule
- Assist and support technical management in developing resource requirements to support the development of the project cost estimate
- Analysis of the project schedule using critical path methodology and project metrics
- Implement changes to the schedule baseline
- Generate performance measurement monthly reports for the management team
- Analyzing and reporting/presenting project data at meetings or external reviews
- Support the deployment of new techniques and project management tools
- advise project managers/control account managers on project performance of their projects/schedule
- Support proposal preparation, procedure development and Project Management training/coaching of project team members.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Engineering, Project Management or equivalent in a related discipline. Equivalency is based on a 2:1 (experience: college) years’ experience
- Minimum of eight (8) years of professional cost/scheduling experience
- Working knowledge of cost estimating, budgeting and control
- Working knowledge of Earned Value Management System processes and requirements
- Must be proficient in Primavera P6 software
- Proficiency in scheduling theory, techniques and methodologies
- Proficiency in project management principles
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Microsoft Project
- Solid analytical and reasoning skills and proven ability to develop solutions to complex problems
- Well-developed interpersonal skills with ability to work collaboratively in a team-oriented environment
- Demonstrated oral communication skills with public speaking experience
- Must be a self-starter, a team player, willing to take initiative and able to perform independently
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Master’s degree
- Professional Certifications such as PMP, RMP, SP, EVP etc.
- Experience in a DOE project environment
- Experience with Cobra or similar EVMS software
Brookhaven National Laboratory (BNL) is an equal opportunity employer that values inclusion and diversity at our Lab. We are committed to ensuring that all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a veteran, disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
BNL takes affirmative action in support of its policy and to advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. We ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
*VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Brookhaven employees are subject to restrictions related to participation in Foreign Government Talent Recruitment Programs, as defined and detailed in United States Department of Energy Order 486.1A. You will be asked to disclose any such participation at the time of hire for review by Brookhaven. The full text of the Order may be found at: https://www.directives.doe.gov/directives-documents/400-series/0486.1-BOrder-a/@@images/fileApply Now