Printed Circuit Board DesignerJob ID JR100676 Date posted 12/27/2023
The mission of the Instrumentation Division is to develop state-of-the-art instrumentation required for experimental research programs at Brookhaven Lab and to maintain the expertise and facilities in specialized high technology areas essential for this work. Development of facilities is motivated by present Brookhaven research programs and anticipated future directions of research. Our work has a significant impact on programs throughout the world that rely on state-of-the-art radiation detectors and readout electronics.
Under moderate supervision, assist scientists and engineers in the design and layout of printed circuit boards. Will learn to create technical solutions to working plans, detailed drawings, and completed electrical drawings of printed circuit board components and assemblies for a wide variety of specialized products. The successful candidate will work from schematics, notes, part lists, rough or detailed sketches, a basic description of the board function, and configuration and arrangement as defined by the engineers. Will work with CAD/CAM (Computer Aided Design & Manufacturing) software to verify completed design elements while checking dimensions, materials to be used and quantities. Assignments are usually on a project basis with long-term objectives and anticipated results.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Learn to use Siemens’ Pads Layout and Router software
- Learn the basics of PCB (Printed Circuit Board) design.
- Layout and design printed circuit boards.
- Learn to use Downstream Technologies CAM350 software
- Become familiar with Siemens Pads Logic and DxDesigner schematic software
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- a technical institute or Adult BOCES certification, AA degree in a technical field, CCI program completion at BNL or;
- a technical high school certification program (eg. BOCES) and 1 year relevant work experience or;
- 2 years relevant work experience.
- Some knowledge of Printed Circuit Board Design
- Ability to learn new software in a reasonable amount of time with minimal supervision
- Aptitude to learn and acquire new knowledge and skills quickly.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Experience with PCB Schematic software
- Experience with PCB Layout software
- Experience with PCB Router software
- Experience with CAM software
Brookhaven Laboratory is committed to providing fair, equitable and competitive compensation. The full salary range for this position is $23.23 - $32.15 / hour. Salary offers will be commensurate with the final candidate’s qualification, education and experience and considered with the internal peer group. Position level & salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications
Brookhaven employees are subject to restrictions related to participation in Foreign Government Talent Recruitment Programs, as defined and detailed in United States Department of Energy Order 486.1A. You will be asked to disclose any such participation at the time of hire for review by Brookhaven. The full text of the Order may be found at: https://www.directives.doe.gov/directives-documents/400-series/0486.1-BOrder-a/@@images/fileApply Now