Postdoc - Computer VisionJob ID JR100557 Date posted 10/27/2023
Computational Science Initiative (CSI) is establishing BNL as a global leader in tackling the challenges of Artificial Intelligence, Quantum Computing and High-Performance Computing, building on our existing expertise, capabilities, and investments in computational science and data management, and enabling scientific discovery in large-scale experimental environments. The mission of the CSI is to provide the laboratory an umbrella for research and development activities that address the computational needs of research programs both inside and outside of BNL, bringing together computer scientists domain scientists to carry out leading edge research, convert research results into practical solutions that advance domain science and provide the necessary computing infrastructure services and training to support efficient operation.
We are actively seeking passionate and exceptional Postdoctoral Research Associates to join our dynamic team. you will play a pivotal role in advancing scientific discovery by developing cutting-edge computer vision (CV) models. You would have opportunities to work in an interdisciplinary environment and make a meaningful impact on scientific research.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Innovate and develop state-of-the-art CV algorithms.
- Apply CV models on scientific (imaging) data analysis.
- Publish high-quality papers in the fields of computer vision, machine learning, and domain science area.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ph.D. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Applied Mathematics or related disciplines.
- Solid background in machine learning techniques and practical experience in computer vision applications.
- Proficient programming skills and experience in one or more deep learning tools.
- Proven track record of publications
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Proven record of publications in top-tier conferences/journals.
- Experience with state-of-the-art (visual) foundation models.
- Experience in large-scale deep learning systems and the ability to train models using GPU/TPU parallelization.
- Experience in multi-modality data analysis, e.g., image, video, text, etc.
- Initial 2-year term appointment subject to renewal contingent on performance and funding availability
- BNL Policy requires that after obtaining a PhD, eligible candidates for research associate appointments may not exceed a combined total of 5 years of relevant work experience as a post-doc and/or in an R&D position, excluding time associated with family planning, military service, illness, or other life-changing events.
Brookhaven Laboratory is committed to providing fair, equitable and competitive compensation. The full salary range for this position is $68400 - $113250 / year. Salary offers will be commensurate with the final candidate’s qualification, education and experience and considered with the internal peer group.
Brookhaven employees are subject to restrictions related to participation in Foreign Government Talent Recruitment Programs, as defined and detailed in United States Department of Energy Order 486.1A. You will be asked to disclose any such participation at the time of hire for review by Brookhaven. The full text of the Order may be found at: https://www.directives.doe.gov/directives-documents/400-series/0486.1-BOrder-a/@@images/fileApply Now