Organizational Change Management SpecialistJob ID 2184 Date posted 06/03/2020
Brookhaven National Laboratory (www.bnl.gov) delivers discovery science and transformative technology to power and secure the nation’s future. Brookhaven Lab is a multidisciplinary laboratory with seven Nobel Prize-winning discoveries, 37 R&D 100 Awards, and more than 70 years of pioneering research. The Lab is primarily supported by the U.S. Department;of Energy’s (DOE) Office of Science. Brookhaven Science Associates (BSA) operates and manages the Laboratory for DOE. BSA is a partnership between Battelle and The Research Foundation for the State University of New York on behalf of Stony Brook University.
Are you passionate about creating transformational change? Brookhaven National Laboratory’s chief operating officer is seeking an organizational change facilitator to support culture and process change initiatives identified through Brookhaven’s employee engagement survey. In this role you will partner with human resources and the Lab’s Office of Institutional Improvement to support project teams working on action plans to enhance employee engagement across the organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Engaging with project team members and key stakeholders to analyze challenges, make data driven decisions, identify root cause issues, propose actionable ideas, and deliver effective solutions.
- Facilitate large and small group project meetings and focus groups.
- Coordinate and ensure alignment across departmental and organization wide initiatives.
- Build collaborative relationships with teams throughout the entirety of change initiatives.
- Create awareness of change by assisting in development and implementation of communication plans; management of an internal employee engagement website.
- Identify metrics to measure the impact of change initiatives.
- Provide project management support, including assisting with developing project plans, calendars, and conducting status review meetings.
- Manage multiple, high visibility projects simultaneously.
- Manage risks throughout change initiatives by conducting risk analysis and developing related mitigation plans.
- Lead sustainment activities with the project team including lessons learned and strategy enhancement.
- Support the development and delivery of training materials.
Minimum Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, psychology, human resources, or related field
- Minimum of 10 years of human resources or relevant experience, five of which must be in organizational development, change management, process improvement, or a similar field
- Demonstrate strong communication and facilitation skills
- Experience designing and delivering strategic change initiatives
- Ability to work independently and in a large project team setting
- Ability to work with all levels in an organization and a strong executive presence
- Excellent organizational, meeting planning coordination, and project management skills
- Organized, independent, and self-motivated with a team player attitude
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
Preferred Experience and Qualifications:
- Advanced degree in industrial/organizational psychology, organizational development or business management
- Certifications related to organizational development, change management, or coaching
- Management consulting experience
- Experience in the federal government sector and/or academic setting
We invite you to consider Brookhaven National Laboratory for employment. To be considered for this position, please apply online at BNL Careers and enter the job title into the Keyword Search.
Brookhaven National Laboratory (BNL) is an equal opportunity employer that values inclusion and diversity at our Lab.We are committed to ensuring that all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a veteran, disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
BNL takes affirmative action in support of its policy and to advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.We ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.Please contact us to request accommodation.
*VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Brookhaven employees are subject to restrictions related to participation in Foreign Government Talent Recruitment Programs, as defined and detailed in United States Department of Energy Order 486.1. You will be asked to disclose any such participation at the time of hire for review by Brookhaven. The full text of the Order may be found at: https://www.directives.doe.gov/directives-documents/400-series/0486-1-border/@@images/fileApply Now