Net Applications DeveloperJob ID 2700 Date posted 06/15/2021
Brookhaven National Laboratory (www.bnl.gov) delivers discovery science and transformative technology to power and secure the nation’s future. Brookhaven Lab is a multidisciplinary laboratory with seven Nobel Prize-winning discoveries, 37 R&D 100 Awards, and more than 70 years of pioneering research. The Lab is primarily supported by the U.S. Department of Energy’s (DOE) Office of Science. Brookhaven Science Associates (BSA) operates and manages the Laboratory for DOE. BSA is a partnership between Battelle and The Research Foundation for the State University of New York on behalf of Stony Brook University.
Business Services provides high-quality business services to support the Lab's research initiatives by participating in cross-functional teams with a focus on risk mitigation and cost management, which is a critical component to the Lab's success. Led by Chief Financial Officer George Clark, Brookhaven’s Business Services Directorate includes the Budget Office, Fiscal Services Division, Information Technology Division, and Procurement & Property Management Division. The Directorate manages a broad range of financial activities, including the planning and implementation of the Lab’s fiscal matters and its approximately $700 million annual budget.
The mission of the Information Technology Division (ITD) is to provide expertise in computing hardware and software support, as well as telecommunications services for the entire Laboratory. Investigates, recommends, and automates process improvements to business systems within the Lab community. Oversees library, publications, and records management.
The Information Technology Division has an opening for a .Net programmer that will develop and maintain the Quality Management Office Software Applications. These applications are used to integrate quality assurance, environmental, and safety management throughout the Laboratory.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsibilities will include the design, development, and maintenance of business-related applications for the Quality Management Group. Including developing Web based applications, reports, user interfaces, databases and the production and maintenance of technical, end-user, and project documentation.
- This position requires a creative individual with excellent problem solving and communication skills, with the ability to handle multiple priorities and strict deadlines, and will be responsible for designing, developing, maintaining, enhancing, and testing of existing Quality Management applications as well as the development of new applications. Should demonstrate the ability to work both independently and as a member of a software development team.
- Some additional user support and system administration tasks will also be required.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Requires a bachelor's degree, or equivalent experience in computer science or a related field.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in the design, coding, testing, and troubleshooting of information systems.
- Candidates must possess a background in the development and deployment of secure enterprise applications using ASP.NET (C# or VB.NET – ability to work in both preferred), jQuery, SQL, and experience with Oracle and PL/SQL and/or SQL Server.
- A detailed understanding of relational and object-oriented data modeling concepts and techniques is mandatory.
- Must be proficient with Windows desktop and server operating systems, and possess a firm understanding of basic networking principles.
- Candidates must display excellent written and oral communication skills and should have experience working with customers to gather requirements as well as the analysis of business needs.
- Candidate must be able to work well both independently on projects and as a member of a team.
- The ability to work on interdisciplinary systems is essential, as is the ability to learn about business areas outside of the candidate’s expertise.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Familiarity with SharePoint technologies is desirable.
- The following skills are desired but not required - Business Requirements Analysis Experience, ASP.NET MVC, Entity Framework, .NET Core, IIS, ASP.NET Web Service Development, Experience with GIT, SharePoint .NET Experience, SharePoint, Graphical Design experience.
At Brookhaven National Laboratory we believe that a comprehensive employee benefits program is an important and meaningful part of the compensation employees receive. Our benefits program includes, but is not limited to:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Care Plans;
- Flexible Spending Accounts;
- Paid Time-off and Leave Programs (vacation, holidays, sick leave, paid parental leave);
- Lab-funded Retirement Plan;
- 401(k) Plan;
- Flexible Work Arrangements;
- Tuition Assistance, Training and Professional Development Programs;
- Employee Fitness/Wellness & Recreation: Gym/Basketball Courts, Weight Room, Fitness Classes, Indoor Pool, Tennis Courts, Sports Clubs/Activities (Basketball, Ping Pong, Softball, Tennis).
BNL takes affirmative action in support of its policy and to advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.We ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.Please contact us to request accommodation.
*VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Brookhaven employees are subject to restrictions related to participation in Foreign Government Talent Recruitment Programs, as defined and detailed in United States Department of Energy Order 486.1A. You will be asked to disclose any such participation at the time of hire for review by Brookhaven. The full text of the Order may be found at: https://www.directives.doe.gov/directives-documents/400-series/0486.1-BOrder-a/@@images/fileApply Now